Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Beauty of Spring Part 2

Thanks again to Artbeads.com, I was able to create my vision of "The Beauty of Spring" with this piece called "Metamorphosis." Funny enough, as soon as I saw the blue cat's eye cabochons on their website, I immediately envisioned a beautiful flower focal piece.


As I worked on the flower, it somehow evolved into a butterfly. Just the transformation of my own creation, let alone the actual lifespan of a real butterfly, led me to the title "Metamorphosis" because, really, nothing else was right.




To complete this piece, I incorporated the cat's eye cabochons into a center focal piece by creating the basic bezel out of blue satin delicas. After much deliberation on how to situate the focal, I used the 4-mm porphyr sapphire cat's eye round beads as the basic foundation for the necklace. I had a great time with this project and thanks again to Artbeads.com for the opportunity.

As always, Happy Beading!

Disclosure: The 13x18 oval glass cabochons (product code GCOV-PSAP18) as well as the blue satin delicas (product code DB0831) and 4-mm round cat's eye beads (product code CATR-LTB4) were kindly provided free of charge by Artbeads.com as part of their blogging program. The author has not received any payment from the above and any posts about their products represent the author's personal opinion only.

No comments:

Post a Comment